What is Active Mindfulness Retreat about?
During the retreat you will have the chance to experience the power of mindfulness practicing the mindfulness of your body, feelings and mind and at the same time the gift of living your life as if every moment really matters. During the retreat you will be given all the opportunities to learn how to meet each moment of your life with an open heart and mind.
Moreover, you will be offered easy-to-follow but deep techniques for cultivating your deepest potential for living a full and satisfying life.
The retreat balances between action and inaction offering you a transcendental combination of both guided mindfulness meditation practice and mindful holidays with enjoyable resting periods. It is a step ahead practice as you will have the opportunity to become more and more mindful, waking up to life, and at the same time to observe, when you choose so, how the everyday occasions distracts you from mindful living!
In this dynamic and practical retreat you will explore how mindfulness practice embraces all the areas of your life with depth and wisdom. By the end of the retreat, you will be able to apply mindfulness even in challenging moments of your life.
In the Active Mindfulness Retreat you will learn how to use and you will sufficiently practice in the following Mindfulness techniques:
- Talking to your bodymind meditation
- Zen Koans
- Active meditations
- No- mind meditation
- Transforming Ignorance to Consciousness step by step
- Walking meditation
- Swimming meditation
- Silent sitting meditation
- Vipassana meditation
Proper guidance is given by the facilitators for all the above techniques and practices. Also, one of the most valued parts of the retreat is the opportunity for sharing with the facilitators on scheduled sessions. During the daily programs there are periods of silence and isolation
Is Active Mindfulness Retreat for me?
Active Mindfulness Retreat is designed in such a way as to be equally beneficial for both beginners and experienced meditators.
More specifically this retreat is for you if:
- You are eager to discover your true strength
- You wish to open to compassion
- You need to become more aware of your reality
- You feel that something is wrong with your life but you are not aware of what
- You know what is wrong but you do not find the way to transform it
- You suffer from chronic body pains
- You often feel overwhelmed by your feelings
- You cannot handle the continuous chatting of your mind
- You want to deepen your understanding about yourself, other people and life
- You are entangled in the opposition of right and wrong in your life
- You feel disconnected from the unity of life
- You wish to practice mindfulness in an environment which is alive and challenging.
By deliberately stepping out of your everyday life and coming into a retreat environment, the subtle habit patterns of your heart and mind are more easily accessed, and mindfulness begins to deepen opening the pathway of consciousness and serenity for you.
What may I expect from the the Active Mindfulness Retreat?
Among others it offers you the opportunity to:
- Experience the abundance available to you.
- Experience gratefulness.
- Experience well-being and confidence.
- Experience the validity of each moment in your life.
- Enlighten yourself about who you are.
- Open your trust and your heart.
- Cultivate a new position of acceptance and serenity towards life.
- Cultivate the invaluable quality of patience.
- Expand your awareness on every field of your life.
- Radiate compassion, kindness and intelligence.
- Come in contact with your depth and wisdom.
- Discover the pathway for mastering your body, mind and feelings.
Who is facilitating the retreat? MRIDU MAKRI (Transformational Therapist)
Mridu holds a MA in Psychology and Counseling
from the National University of Athens. After working as a psychologist for some years and looking for more effective healing tools while exploring her own personal introspection, she meets Osho
. This leads her to Poona in India where she spends a considerable amount of time for twelve years, devoted in transforming herself and exploring new directions on the pathway of inner growth. She is certified in Primal Therapy, Art Therapy, Meditative Therapies, Meditation Techniques, Mindfulness and Energy Work
. She has developed by walking on it, her own authentic path in personal transformation, synthesizing the knowledge and the tools she was given with the depth she has acquainted. She is a Transformational Therapist
with 15 years of experience in working with people from all over the world and leading groups and she is one of the head supporters of Serendipity Institute. MARGA FRIDA
Marga met meditation and introspection in her late 30’s and gradually changed her way of life. Professionally, she comes from advertising, running her own agency for 20 years and offering her clients communication services. Her meeting with meditation was a huge turn in her life leading her into a new way of thinking and lifestyle and transforming her experience of a lifetime. Today, having devoted herself in the inner transformation after having intensively worked on the pathway of inner growth, she dedicates her time and herself to the Serendipity Institute supporting all those who are interested in living the ZORBA THE BUDDHA WAY OF LIVING experience. She facilitates the active meditations of the retreat.
Daily Program at a glance! 8.00’- 9.30’: Talking to Bodymind Meditation 9.30’-11.00’: Breakfast 11.00’-12.30’: Mindfulness Meditation 12.30’-13.00’: Sharing 13.30’-14.30’: Lunch 14.30’-18.30’: Free time for swimming to the sea or resting (optional walking or swimming or silent sitting meditation) 18.30’-19.30’: Active Meditation 20.00’-21.00’: Dinner 21.00’-22.00’: Evening Session
Accommodation This 8-day retreat is offered with breakfast, lunch, dinner in the Institute
and 3 options of accommodation as follow:
- Accommodation in the dormitory of the Institute.
- Accommodation in a room of the Institute with banquettes (1-2). Please have in mind that there is also possibility for a single-bed room with an extra cost, by arrangement.
- Accommodation in a double (or scarcely triple) room of the seaside 4* Eden Beach Resort Hotel, which is next to our Institute. In the case of the hotel option, please have in mind that there is also possibility for a single-bed room with an extra cost, by arrangement.
Just a breath away from a sandy beach and a magnificent blue sea, in the embrace of a pinewood, you will find Serendipity Institute.
Here you will also find the best things Greek culture has to offer: Mediterranean cuisine, Greek hospitality, clear seas, watersports, ancient history, warm-hearted people and exceptional service that will make you feel at ease. It is the ideal location for meditation, tourism and holidays, all in one. Here, your choices are endless, the environment is extremely friendly to introspection and the peaceful moments that combine fun, relaxation and pampering are in accordance with your desires.
Serendipity institute is also located: near to the ancient temple of Poseidon in Sounio, an ancient high energy location, ideal for meditation,just 40 minutes away from the center of Athens by car and25 minutes drive away from the biggest airport of the country, in Athens that connects Athens with more than 70 large cities of the world with direct flights.
By clicking the following link you can see photos from Surrounding area.