What is Primal Deconditioning Therapy?
A practice used as part of several retreats in Serendipity Institute
Primal Deconditioning Therapy is a psychophysiological process in which you will be accompanied step by step, going back in time, exploring the conditionings received at each stage of development of your childhood (releasing the most unconscious layers of your personality) and recovering the valuable parts of yourself at each stage.
Though Primal Deconditioning process has its origin into Primal Therapy, the process has been greatly refined and enriched so that it is even more effective and safe for you who wish to improve the quality of your life or resolve childhood traumas.
It is common knowledge that the personality we all recognize as “I” is formed in the first 6-7 years of our life. At this tender age of absolute dependence on our parents, we absorb behaviors and feelings without filtering them. Whether we had a happy or unhappy childhood we have embraced messages and behaviors from family and education and we have repressed painful feelings which cause us a split between what we feel inside and what we think we should be on the outside.
In the Primal Deconditioning process by healing yourself at the roots, you will have access again to your potential and you may celebrate the freedom of being that is regained when the weight you have been carrying so far dissolves.
However, Primal Deconditioning process being a transformative journey into the core of the self is not for everyone. Rather, it works best for you who desire to connect to the truth and vitality of your inner being through the difficult, yet immensely rewarding work of processing deep feelings and body sensations. All children are a testimony to the fact that getting angry or crying spontaneously in response to hurt is natural and healing. Not a “quick fix”, it is an established, yet highly innovative approach to your personal growth and healing.
During the Primal Deconditioning process experiences from later periods in your life may also emerge, as well as transpersonal and mystical experiences, and creative urges.
During this exploration:
- You will experience the rules and roles that have been imposed on you by your surroundings and how they have molded a false personality around you.
- You will recognize the compensations you developed in the hope of being acknowledged, loved, accepted and felt.
- You will have full space and support to feel what you would have really needed to express as a child.
- You will have full space and support to release tensions and repressed feelings such as anger and pain that block the flow of vitality in your body and integrate them.
- You will have the chance to discover inside yourself, as the adult that you are now, the strength and power to stand up for and heal the child inside you.
- You will have the unique chance to recognize the true gift of life you were given and take responsibility for it.
What are the benefits of Primal Deconditioning Therapy?
The Primal Deconditioning Process is giving you the unique opportunity:
- To conquer and dissolve the negative side of your past, including physically or mentally unhealthy patterns.
- To access your own inner resources.
- To gain a new awareness of yourself, other people and life itself.
- To feel empowered.
- To restore your physical and emotional health.
- To purify your body and mind from tension and contamination and restore your inner peace.
- To move towards creating healthy relationships.
- To reconnect with your life energy, bringing your energy back to flowing again.
- To create compassion to your vulnerability and other people’s as well.
- To find out who you were born to be.
How does it work?
During the Primal Deconditioning process you make contact with past memories of your childhood and the feelings connected with them, and you have the experience of descending. In letting go these feelings, you are aware that you really allow feeling rather than blocking. Sometimes you may experience yourself as lost in feeling, but at the same time there is always a part of you “watching” what is happening. You know that you can come out of the feeling the moment you wish to. Coming in contact and experiencing your feelings, you will have a sense of “rightness” about it, as if you have arrived at something true and real. At the same time the knowing that you are the adult you are right now who is regressing to the past, provides you with the distance you need to experience the emergence of sudden insights. At the end of the procedure you feel lighter, as if having given up a weight; you have the sense of having truly made contact with your feelings and thereby with your real self. The insights that then emerge are experienced as solid and indisputable and lead you beyond any doubt into a new vision of yourself and life itself.
It is an experience-based approach using different therapeutic tools and supported by powerful meditation techniques. It includes both the therapy work needed to find out what is conditioned and non-essential in you, and the spaces of meditation where you can individually reconnect with what is natural and essential in you.